- Amazing Taekwondo Kicks & Board-breakings
- The Benefits of Competition in Martial Arts
- Do you think it's important to preserve traditions in martial arts?
- What are the benefits of studying martial arts?
- 2014 ATA World Expo Video
- Tournament Travel: A Child's Perspective
- School Owners and Families
- Making It Real…with hand targets:
- Better Product Reviews
- Confidence Kicking with your Tiny Tigers
Posted by Instructor & School Teacher : Julie on 7/13/2010 to Training Tips & Drills
Our school has a couple of free-standing punching bags, but I’m always nervous my little martial artists will kick the hard plastic stands. Tonight I told my kids that they were working on power. I told them their goal was to move me.
I held the kicking shield while squatting down on the balls of my feet. If the student kicked hard enough it knocked me back on my bottom. After the first Tiny Tiger knocked me on my rear; they were all lining up to do it! They were so tickled, and their parents were cracking up. By the end of the night my kids understood what it meant to use power.
Date: 12/1/2011 9:25:15 AM