- Amazing Taekwondo Kicks & Board-breakings
- The Benefits of Competition in Martial Arts
- Do you think it's important to preserve traditions in martial arts?
- What are the benefits of studying martial arts?
- 2014 ATA World Expo Video
- Tournament Travel: A Child's Perspective
- School Owners and Families
- Making It Real…with hand targets:
- Better Product Reviews
- Confidence Kicking with your Tiny Tigers
Posted by Instructor & School Teacher : Julie on 7/12/2010 to Martial Arts Stories
One of my Tiny Tiger boys had finally been promoted to green belt. At our school, this meant your first opportunity to wear all that fun, foamy sparring gear! A tournament was coming up so the instructors were stressing the importance of protective gear, which included wearing a cup for the boys.
My green belt Tiny Tiger was listening closely. He couldn’t wait to spar and try to win a trophy. He wasn’t going to get disqualified for forgetting any protective gear.
The next class everyone brought their gear to practice for the competition. My little green belt took out his hand gear, his feet gear, his head gear…and then asked what he was supposed to do with the DIXIE CUP that he remembered to bring along!
Date: 7/6/2012 6:45:11 PM