- Amazing Taekwondo Kicks & Board-breakings
- The Benefits of Competition in Martial Arts
- Do you think it's important to preserve traditions in martial arts?
- What are the benefits of studying martial arts?
- 2014 ATA World Expo Video
- Tournament Travel: A Child's Perspective
- School Owners and Families
- Making It Real…with hand targets:
- Better Product Reviews
- Confidence Kicking with your Tiny Tigers
Posted by Julie: Martial Arts Teacher/Elementary Teacher on 8/13/2010 to Martial Arts Stories
The economy is down while gas prices are up. How can I possibly entice parents to travel to tournaments? Some families look at tournaments as a mini vacation. Others believe competition will help enforce good character traits in their child, such as sportsmanship and determination. What does your child or student value about competition?
My favorite tournament memory involved traveling with a yellow belt. It was going to be her very first tournament. She was so excited about going to a new state, staying in a hotel, competing for that shiny trophy...or at least, I thought that's why she was excited.
The tournament was held in Kentucky. And as we were driving she squealed, "FINALLY! I get to have REAL Kentucky Fried Chicken!"
So whether it's getting real, "Kentucky" KFC, or it's meeting new martial artist; take a moment and listen and learn. Find out why your student or child is excited and embrace it!
Date: 11/18/2010 8:45:53 AM
Date: 3/13/2012 8:19:58 AM
Date: 9/7/2012 1:09:11 PM